*Shrikant Jichkar was born on 14 September 1955 in a well to do family near Katol, Nagpur District of Maharashtra.
* Shrikant Jichkar is rated to be the most qualified person in India in Limca book of Records. After appearing for 42 university examinations, He qualified for 20 degrees.
* A medical doctor (MBBS and MD from Nagpur), Law (LL.B.) with post-graduation in International Law (LL.M.), Master’s in Business Administration (DBM and MBA), Journalism (B.Journ).
* Doctor of Literature in Sanskrit.
* Almost all his degrees are with First Merit and he has obtained several Gold Medals for his degrees between 1973 and 1990.
* In 1978 he got selected in Indian police service (IPS). He successfully joined in IAS (Indian Administrative Services) in 1980.
* He was a member of the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly from (1982 to 1985). Maharashtra Legislative Council from 1986 to 1992.
He served as Minister of State, Government of Maharashtra.
Holding 14 portfolios he was a very powerful government Minister at a time.
He was a member of Rajya Sabha, India from 1992 to 1998.
* With 52000 books he owned one of the biggest personal libraries in India.
* Jichkar was all rolled into one an academician, painter, professional photographer, and stage actor.
* He was the founder Sàndipani School at Nagpur in 1992 .
* He even established a Sanskrit University in Maharashtra and served as its Chancellor.
* In September 2000, he was treated for falciparum malaria and tuberculosis. He went to US State University of New York Hospital in Brooklyn. He was diagnosed with an aggressive and a very rare cancer, in his adrenal glands, in its last stages. The doctors gave him only 15 days of survival chance. He decided to fight cancer. After a long and hard treatment process in the US for many months, he recovered fully.
* On 2nd June 2004, while diving back his friend Shriram Dhawad home from his farm near Nagpur, Jichkar died in a car accident, after a bus slammed into his vehicle. He was 49 Yrs Old.
* Dr Shrikant Jichkar was the one of the most inspiring scholar, academician-politician that India ever had!