Ingredients for 4 Servings
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
10 anchovies, finely chopped, divided
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs (25g)
1/2 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (60ml), plus 1 tablespoon, divided
6 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
1 cup white wine (240ml)
1 lb spahetti (455g), cooked al dente, 1/4 cup (60ml) cooking water reserved
lemon zest, to taste
1. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add 4 of the chopped anchovy filets and cook for 1 minute, until they begin to melt.
2. Add the panko bread crumbs and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until golden brown. Transfer the bread crumbs to a medium bowl and let cool to room temperature. Once cooled, toss with the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
3. Heat ¼ cup (60 ml) of olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the remaining 6 anchovies and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until the anchovies begin to melt into the oil.
4. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
5. Add the tomatoes and stir to coat in the oil. Season with 1 teaspoon of salt and cook for 5 minutes, or until the tomatoes just begin to soften.
6. Add the white wine and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the sauce is reduced by half.
7. Add cooked pasta and reserved cooking water to the pot with the tomatoes and stir to combine. Cook for 1 minute, until the pasta, is well coated and saucy. Drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt. Toss to coat.